Preserve, Reuse, and Pass Forward
the Historic Places that Make Our Communities Livable and Sustainable.
Restore Oregon was founded in 1977 as the Historic Preservation League of Oregon. As the organization has evolved over the years, we’ve always focused on taking care of the places that make Oregon, OREGON: the historic homes and neighborhoods, bridges and barns, churches and Main Streets that make this place so authentic and livable.
Historic places are cultural, environmental, and economic assets, and they need active stewardship or they will be lost to future generations. Our efforts to save Oregon’s Most Endangered Places are preserving historic structures from the Ermatinger House in Oregon City to the Egyptian Theater in Coos Bay. Our Preservation Roundtable engages hundreds of people each year, including developers, planners, government agencies, and property owners to revitalize Oregon’s historic Main Streets. Now we’re tackling the number one reason historic buildings are lost in Oregon: insufficient economic incentives.
1130 SW Morrison Street, Suite 318
Portland, OR 97205
Restore Oregon Staff
Director of Development
Sponsorships, memberships, donations, Restoration Celebration
Preservation Programs Manager
Preservation Programs Representative
Join the Team
Restore Oregon is currently accepting applications for service on our Board of Directors. Board members serve for three year terms starting in January and we strive to have our board represent the diversity of the state. In addition to having a passion for Oregon’s historic places, a background in preservation, architecture, culture, business, real estate development, investments, land use, marketing, sustainability, or government is particularly useful as our work intersects with many areas effecting community livability. We invite you to learn more about this volunteer Board member position and submit an application.
Board of Directors
- Erik Andersson | Economic Development Manager,
Tacoma Public Utilities
University Place, WA
- Amy Arthaud |Controller, Icon Staffing Network
- Karen Auborn | President, Port Orford Main Street Revitalization Assn
Port Orford, OR
- Sean Bolden | Project Captain, LRS Architects
- Christine D’Arcy | Consultant
- Matthew Davis, AICP | Principal, Architectural Resources Group
- Christian D’Urso | Financial Advisor
Lake Oswego, OR
- Richard De Wolf | President, Arciform LLC
- Brian Emerick | Principal, Emerick Architects
- Julie Garver, President | Housing Development Director, Innovative Housing Inc.
- John Liu | Senior Portfolio Manager, US Bank
- Geoff McGraw | Project Manager, P&C Construction
- Walter McMonies | Attorney, Lane Powell PC
- Marti Belluschi – At Large
- BA Beierle – Mid-Valley – Preservation Consultant
- Hank Florence – National Park Service
- Eric Gleason – Columbia River Gorge – Archaeological Technician
- John Goodenberger – North Coast – Consultant/Instructor Clatsop Community College
- MJ Koreiva – South Coast – Director, Historic Umpqua River Lighthouse
- George Kramer – Southern Oregon – Kramer & Company
- Sharon Leighty – Central Oregon – Sharon Leighty & Co.
- Jacqueline Peterson Loomis – Prof. of History, Washington State University
- Rick Michaelson | Advisor, National Trust for Historic Preservation, Developer, Inner City Properties
- Rick Minor – Archaeology – Senior Archaeologist Heritage Research Associates Eugene
- Andrew Picken – Eastern Oregon – Rivoli Theater Restoration Coalition
- William Willingham – Portland Metro – Historian and Author
- Chrissy Curran – SHPO – Deputy State Historic Preservation Officer
- Jill Thorne – Legislative Advocacy